OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS: 2020 EXHIBITION VENUE GRANTS
The CCP Visual Arts and Museum Division is accepting proposals for the 2020 Venue Gra ...
Awards and Grants
The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) has maintained its thrust of promoting contemporary visual expressions and has earned a reputation for accommodating non-commercial, innovative, and even controversial projects and exhibits.
The VAMD offers exhibition venues where current visual art expressions may be mounted, featured, studied and analyzed. In support of this, the VAMD offers grants in the form of free use of exhibit space and curatorial assistance to encourage, initiate, support and sustain creativity and artistic excellence in the visual arts. It also organizes artist talks, workshops, and other public programs in conjunction with current exhibitions.
THE VAMD VENUE GRANT PROGRAMThe VAMD is accepting proposals for the 2020 Venue Grant Program. Since the Center’s inauguration in 1969, the CCP has been known as venue for contemporary, experimental, and multidisciplinary works. It has also served as a launching pad for artists to enter the local and international art community. The CCP also serves as an implementing agency for cultural programs and agreements between the Philippines and other countries. Artists, curators, art organizations, and institutions are welcome to submit proposals for the following venues at the CCP Main Theater Building:
Pasilyo Carlos V. Francisco (Little Theater Lobby)
Wall space measures 3.77 x 19.58 meters. Located at the outer wall of the Little Theater, ground floor.
Pasilyo Vicente Manansala (2F Hallway Gallery) and Pasilyo Guillermo Tolentino (3F Hallway Gallery)
Slightly convex wall space that measures 2.59 x 25.3 meters each. Located at the second and third floors.
Bulwagang Fernando Amorsolo (Small Gallery)
Rectangular space measuring 78 m². Located at the fourth floor.
Pasilyo Victorio Edades (4F Floor Hallway Gallery)
Bracket-shaped wall space; longest wall measures 2.41 x 18.64 meters. Located at the fourth floor.
Outdoor Mural Wall
Rectangular wall measuring 3.85m x 20 meters. Located at the CCP South Parking area along Vicente Sotto Street. Minimum of 1 year duration.
Floor plans of exhibit areas are available upon request via firstname.lastname@example.org but proponents are highly encouraged to view the exhibit spaces before creating proposals. Interested parties may also propose site-specific installations and exhibitions in outdoor sites and alternative spaces within the CCP complex. All proposals are subject to approval.
Earth Day Outdoor Installation Grant
Artists are encouraged to submit a proposal for the Earth Day Outdoor Installation Grant highlighting relevant environmental issues through public art. Held annually at the CCP Front Lawn from April to May, the Earth Day Outdoor Installation Grant covers the cost for professional fees, materials, preparation and fabrication of modular elements, its transport to and from the CCP, and mounting of the art installation at the above mentioned site.
CCP Collections Exhibition Program
Curators are encouraged to engage with selected artworks and artifacts from the CCP Visual Arts Collection, the Museo ng Kalinangang Pilipino Collection, and the CCP Collection of Asian Traditional Musical Instruments. Further information about these collections are available upon request.
- Exhibit concept
- Preliminary studies/works-in-progress/past works similar to those to be included in proposed exhibition
- Physical and logistical requirements of presentation of exhibit (exhibit layout, carpentry needed, technical equipment to be used, etc.)
- Contact details of artist/curator/artist group (email, mobile number, landline, website, social media, etc.)
- Background information about artist/curator/artist group (artist bio, curriculum vitae, artist statement, bibliography, etc.)
- Documentation of past works and exhibitions of artist/curator/artist group
- Other pertinent information related to the proposed exhibit (possible public program/talks/workshop and other activities, dialogue with the CCP Collections, interaction with other CCP offices/divisions/programs, etc.)
All hard copies sent should include a USB/CD containing the digital format of the application materials. Incomplete proposals will not be evaluated. Should the VAMD find it necessary, proponents may be requested to submit or supply further information or additional materials in connection with their proposals, or the CCP may also collaborate with the artist/s towards the development of a project.
REVIEW CRITERIAProposals are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Quality and maturity of artistic skills
- Innovativeness and contemporaneity of proposed exhibit
- Sensitive awareness of the artist’s responsibility to the Philippine art society
- Consistency with the CCP’s goals, scope and general program for the year, including:
a. Exhibitions that present activities related to CCP festivals and national and international celebrations
b. Exhibitions that encourage collaboration with government and non-government institutions involved in education
5. Appropriateness, feasibility and adaptability to the specified venue
Proposals may be disqualified based on the following reasons:
- Fund raising activities, product launches and advertising campaigns which would be more suitably held in other venues, including exhibitions by commercial art galleries/entities
- Exhibitions that are prejudicial to the rights and welfare of other people
The CCP VAMD may accept the following proposals on exceptionally meritorious grounds:
- Exhibitions which have been previously presented in other venues
- Solo exhibitions by artists who have not had any solo exhibits in the CCP within the last two years
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALSProposals for exhibitions for the succeeding year shall be submitted to the Visual Arts and Museum Division from January to September 30 of the current year. All proposals submitted shall be reviewed by the VAMD and presented to the CCP Artistic Programming Committee for final approval.
Proponents of approved proposals for exhibitions shall be notified via email and invited for a production meeting three months prior to their scheduled exhibit.
An Exhibition Agreement shall be prepared stipulating the terms and conditions agreed during the production meeting.
COMPONENTS OF THE GRANTGrantees are given the following support:
- Free use of venue with basic lighting (spotlight: 10/20watts)
- Subsidy for printing of exhibition collaterals such as invitations, outdoor marquee, brochure, and wall text
- Curatorial support
- Publicity in mainstream media and online platforms
- Exhibit photo and video documentation
Deadline for 2020 exhibitions: 30 SEPTEMBER 2019
Proposals may be sent via email to email@example.com or delivered to: Visual Arts and Museum Division, Production and Exhibition Department 4F CCP Main Theater Building, Cultural Center of the Philippines Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City from Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
For more information, please contact (632) 832-1125 loc. 1504/1505 and (632) 832-3702, mobile (0917) 6033809