CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: Thirteen Artists Awards 2021
Nominations now open for the CCP Thirteen Artists Awards 2021!
Now 50 years since it was first presented, the THIRTEEN ARTISTS AWARDS (TAA) started as a curatorial project of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Museum under the directorship of its first curator Roberto Chabet. The TAA was created in order to showcase the works of artists who grasped to “restructure, restrengthen and renew artmaking and art thinking…that lend viability to Philippine art”. It was Raymundo Albano, the next Director of the CCP Museum and Non-theater Operations who transformed the 13 Artists into the awards program that it is today. The 13 Artists exhibition was mounted every two years from 1970 to 1980, and again in 1988, 1990, 1992 and 1994. It was revived in 2000, and changed to a triennial format, which it follows until today.
Who are qualified for nomination?
Nominated artists must possess the following eligibility requirements:
- Body of work characterized by artistic integrity, innovativeness, and forcefulness of ideas
- Responsiveness to contemporary realities
- Evidence of sustained artistic activity demonstrated by a track record of individual exhibitions and group shows for at least the past three years
- Engagement with contemporary visual art forms including, but not limited to, painting, sculpture, new media, installation, performance art, photography, printmaking and digital imaging
- Filipino citizenship
- Less than 40 years old in the year of conferment or must be born 1982 onwards
Who can nominate?
Art councils, art groups, heads/deans of art schools, museum and gallery curators and directors, art critics and past Thirteen Artists Awardees may nominate a maximum of three (3) artists each.
Who will comprise the board of judges?
- The CCP Visual Arts and Museum Division (VAMD) under the Production and Exhibition Department and the Office of the Artistic Director will convene a Selection Committee composed of four (4) past awardees and the head of the CCP VAMD
- The decision of the Selection Committee is final
What are the prizes of a Thirteen Artists Awardee?
- A cash grant to defray the cost of materials for producing new work for a group exhibition at the CCP Bulwagang Juan Luna (Main Gallery), which will open with the formal awarding ceremonies
- A trophy designed by a 13 Artists Awardee and specially commissioned for the 2021 Thirteen Artists Awards
- Participation in CCP's public programs of discussions, lectures, workshops and other activities
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: 1 March 2021, Monday, 11:59pm
To download the nomination form, click here.
Send completed nomination forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copy nomination forms will not be accepted
Visual Arts and Museum Division
Production and Exhibition Department
Cultural Center of the Philippines
tel. (632) 8832-1125 loc. 1504/1505
mobile (0917) 6033809
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ccpvamd
The CCP galleries will remain closed until further notice