VIRGIN LABFEST 2020 “KAPIT” Lab in the Time of COVID (A Virtual Labfest Edition)
VLF 2020: KAPIT EXTENDED FROM JULY 2 – 15, 2020 ON VIMEO!
Tanghalang Pilipino and
Writers Bloc, Inc.
Plays will be streamed online.
DATE/TIME/VENUEJune 10 – 28, 2020
The Virgin Labfest braves a new front and adjusts to new realities as the playwrights, directors and actors take a further leap of faith to bring the annual festival of untried, untested and unstaged works on a virtual stage. In response to the COVID 19 crisis, the theater festival will have its lockdown edition that will stream online from June 10 to 28.
Dubbed “VLF 2020 KAPIT: Lab in the Time of Covid (A Virtual Labfest Edition),” the 16th edition will feature 10 New Works, 3 ‘Revisited’ works, 5 Staged Readings, and dramatic readings of works from the VLF Writing Fellowship Program. Other online components of the virtual Festival include a Playwright’s Fair and CoLab: Conversations with VLF Collaborators and Creators; a series of panel discussion on directing, design, stage management, and play-writing.
Established in 2005, the Virgin Labfest is co-presented by the Cultural Center of the Philippines, the Manila-based playwrights group Writer's Bloc, Inc., and CCP’s resident theater company Tanghalang Pilipino.
VLF 16 Featured Works
Each featured work will have 2 live streaming and 6 pre-recorded for a total of 8 online Performances each. Each performance will have pre-show discussion of designs – set, lights, props, costumes; and a talkback with online audience during live performances.
- TITSER KIT by Jobert Landeza, directed by Adrienne Vergara (live on June 11, 3:00 PM and June 27, 2:00 PM)
- BLACKPINK by Tyron Casumpang; directed by Jethro Tenorio (live on June 11, 5:00 PM and June 28, 8:00 PM)
- GIN BILOG by Luis Nario; directed by James Harvey Estrada (live on June 12, 3:00 PM and June 25, 2:00 PM)
- MAYANG BUBOT SA TAG-ARAW by Mark Norman Boquiren; directed by Mark Mirando (live on June 12, 5:00 PM and June 23, 2:00 PM)
- BOYBOY AND FRIENDS CHANNEL by Anthony Kim Vergara; directed by Joshua Tayco (live on June 12, 8:00 PM and June 23, 8:00 PM)
- PAPAANO TURUAN ANG BABAE HUMAWAK NG BARIL by Daryl Pasion; directed by Erika Estacio (live on June 13, 3:00 PM and June 24, 2:00 PM)
- PILOT EPISODE by Floyd Tioganco; directed by Gian Abraham (live on June 13, 5:00 PM and June 24, 8:00 PM)
- DAPITHAPON by Jay Crisostomo; directed by Sigmund Roy Pecho (live on June 14, 3:00 PM and June 27, 5:00 PM)
- MULTIVERSE by Juliene Mendoza; directed by Fitz Bitana (live on June 14, 8:00 PM and June 26, 8:00 PM)
Each featured work will have two live steamings and ten pre-recorded for a total of twelve online Performances each.
- WANTED: MALE BOARDERS by Rick Patriarca; directed by George de Jesus III (June 10, 5pm and June 27, 8:00 PM)
- ANAK KA NG by U. Z. Eliserio; directed by Maynard Manansala (June 10, 8pm and June 23, 5:00 PM)
- FANGIRL by Herlyn Alegre; directed by Charles Yee (June 14, 5pm and June 25, 8:00 PM)
Each featured work will be streamed live for one performance.
- BAGAHE by Nicko de Guzman (June 18, 5:00 PM)
- DOMINADOR GONZALES: NATIONAL ARTIST by Dingdong Novenario; directed by Bunny Cadag (June 19, 5:00 PM)
- JENNY LI by Buch Dacanay, directed by Nour Hoosmand (June 20, 5:00 PM)
- MONGOLOIDA’S CASA DE PUN by Claro Delos Reyes; directed by Guelan Luarca (June 24, 5:00 PM)
- MATIRA ANG MATIBAY by Bernice Dacara; directed by Alon Segarra (June 26, 5:00 PM)
To celebrate the Lockdown Edition of Virgin Labfest, CCP Intertextual Division in partnership with the VLF Team and The Writers’ Bloc’s Rody Vera organized a Playwrights Fair featuring Filipino writers. It is a discussion and marketing platform for the expertise, services, publications and other products of writers of theatrical productions.
VLF Playwrights Fair is free and open to public. It will be held online on June 11-14, 17-20, 25-27 at 8:00 PM. Check the FB page of VLF 2020 for the complete line up of speakers and activities.
VLF 2020 WRITING FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
|This program will take place on June 16 – 28, 2020. It is a two week mentorship program for young aspiring playwrights on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. Participants will learn from lectures, script critiquing, writing sessions and interactions with known playwrights, directors and actors. The Fellowship Program will culminate in an online staged reading of the fellows’ works on June 28 at 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM.|
CoLab: CONVERSATIONS WITH VLF COLLABORATORS AND CREATORS
A series of panel discussion on directing, design, stage management, and play-writing. CoLab will stream from June 18 to 21 at 2:00 PM and will feature festival directors, VF alumni directors, designers (set, lights, music, sound), and production and stage managers.
To watch all of our 18 plays at your leisure, VLF 2020 is available in two series packages:
VLF 2020 “KAPIT” SERIES PACKAGES
∞ REGULAR SERIES PACKAGE: P100
Package includes 10 new featured works, 3 “revisited plays,” and 5 staged readings.
To purchase, go to https://vimeo.com/ondemand/vlf2020kapit
∞ PREMIUM SERIES PACKAGE: P200
Package includes LAB UP CLOSE: INTERVIEWS WITH PLAYWRIGHTS AND DIRECTORS, & DESIGNERS; LAB SCENES: BTS FOOTAGE; and other exciting content. These exclusive features are add-ons to the featured plays and staged readings.
To purchase, go to https://vimeo.com/ondemand/vlf2020kapitpremium
To SET UP AN ACCOUNT on Vimeo:
- Go to vimeo.com/ondemand.
- CLICK the JOIN button,
- FILL IN the details needed and click join with email or join with google if you have a Gmail account.
- You have an option to choose from BASIC, PRO, PLUS, BUSINESS, and PREMIUM accounts. With the Basic account, you can still watch and enjoy VLF 2020 KAPIT productions.
- Once your account is set up, you may now search for Cultural Center of the Philippines or VLF Kapit, and browse through the page to read the full description, watch the trailer, and make a PURCHASE.
To PURCHASE a VLF series package:
- Click BUY button.
- Choose the payment method you will use.
- If you choose to pay directly to Vimeo with your Debit or Credit Card, fill in the necessary details for the billing information.
- Please take note that only MasterCard, Visa, and American Express credit/debit cards are accepted by Vimeo.
- You may also use your GCASH MasterCard if you have one.
- Once done, Click BUY and you will now be able to watch and enjoy VLF 2020 productions. You will also receive an e-receipt on your email, which also contains the link of your purchased content.
To PURCHASE a VLF series package through Paypal:
- Please make sure that you have enough balance on your account.
- To complete the transaction, kindly fill in the information needed by PayPal.
- Once done you will be redirected to Vimeo On Demand VLF page and you can now enjoy watching VLF 2020 productions.
LAB FOR A CAUSE